Twenty six screaming 7 and 9 year olds. Twenty eight “adult” chaperones.
Nothing will get done. What fun.
I will be wearing very old clothes that I will burn immediately following a very long shower after dealing with many sticky interventions, some of them with children.
How bad can it be? Last year my relative wanted to do toilet paper bowling (you know, toilet paper for the pins). It’s cheap, it’s soft, you need it anyway. What could possibly go wrong?
Toilet paper Dodgeball.
Did I mention the fun?
So forget music. You get music next week. This week you get schadenfreude.
Obligatories, News, and Blogs below.
Welcome to The Breakfast Club! We’re a disorganized group of rebel lefties who hang out and chat if and when
we’re not too hungover we’ve been bailed out we’re not too exhausted from last night’s (CENSORED)the caffeine kicks in. Join us every weekday morning at 9am (ET) and weekend morning at 10:30am (ET) to talk about current news and our boring lives and to make fun of LaEscapee! If we are ever running late, it’s PhilJD’s fault.
I would never make fun of LaEscapee or blame PhilJD. And I am highly organized.
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.
–Julius Caesar (I, ii, 140-141)
This Day in History
- The Red Cross, Haiti and the ‘black hole’ of accountability for international aid, by Alan Yuhas, The Guardian
- Saudi-led naval blockade leaves 20m Yemenis facing humanitarian disaster, by Julian Borger, The Guardian
- US government responds to latest hack: give us more power over data collection, by Spencer Ackerman, The Guardian
- Tsipras warns G7 leaders time running out to rescue Greece from bankruptcy, by Heather Stewart, The Guardian
- Los Angeles officer guilty of assaulting woman in back of police car in 2012, by Rory Carroll, The Guardian
- Colorado storms escalate into devastating tornadoes and hailstorms, Associated Press
- People from American Samoa don’t have right to US citizenship, court rules, Associated Press
- Man Calls 911 To Resolve 3-Hour Standoff With Angry House Cat, By Ryan Grenoble, Huffington
- Sepp Blatter likely will go down for the count, multiple counts actually, by Frederick Leatherman, Firedog Lake
- Los Angeles Times Editorial Board Endorses Prosecution of Edward Snowden, by Kevin Gozstola, Firedog Lake