Good God, I haven’t been able to pull myself away from the swift undercurrent of depression long enough to get seriously pissed at anything but “healthcare reform” (what a fucking joke lately), but this article on HuffPo awoke the beast within:
Senator Chuck Schumer forgot to check his dirty mouth for a flight on Sunday.
The New York senator was overheard calling a female flight attendant a “bitch” after she insisted that he shut off his cellphone so the plane could take off.
A Republican aide who witnessed the incident claims Schumer muttered the insult to none other than Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
According to Politico, who first reported the story, the aide quotes Schumer as saying, “It’s Harry Reid calling. I guess health care will have to wait until we land.”
Schumer’s spokesman later apologized for the incident, say that the senator “made an off-the-cuff comment under his breath that he shouldn’t have made, and he regrets it.”
So lemme get this straight, Schumer:
1. You think that this piece of trash legislation the Senate wants to put through conference, and which the House now seems poised to heed (damn you all to hell, Pelosi), is going to go to down the tubes in the span of one fucking plane ride. I hate to break it to you, but you dolts have had 6 months to work on serious reform and, instead, you came away with something that would be better utilized on the bottom of a bird cage.
2. You believe yourself to be above FAA rules and regulations.
3. You think it’s alright to call a woman a “bitch”, as long as no one hears you.
4. You’re stupid enough to mutter this crap to another woman, not to mention a colleague.
5. You think an apology is going to make your constituents in New York forget about this.
And, thusly, we have one incident with a United States senator that essentially sums up every fucking thing wrong with the current system. All he left out was picking on gay marriage and denigrating blacks.
Great job, Chuck.