( – promoted by buhdydharma )
Hat tip to Gottlieb who sent me the link to Business Insider’s “22 Statistics That Prove The Middle Class Is Being Systematically Wiped Out Of Existence In America”
You should view the whole slide show. However, I will provide the statistics here, with few enough of the images to give you a taste. Those of you who know me, know I am the Queen of “You say Socialist like its a Bad Thing,” a Commie-Pinko Motherfuckress.
Here is proof fucking POSITIVE of why I am correct, and why I am fighting to wake people against the propaganda that keeps them perpetually supportive of a system whose main goal is to rape them blind and make them like it.
Their data is in bold, my commentary follows in italic, just to be clear about who is saying what.
– 83 percent of all U.S. stocks are in the hands of 1 percent of the people.
So, you fuckwits, do you really still hang on to the dream that you too can be rich if you only get your lucky break in the market? This isn’t “hard-wurkin-merricuns” doing well. These are professional players who created and regulate the system to keep theirs theirs and take more of yours by any trickery they can create.
– 61 percent of Americans “always or usually” live paycheck to paycheck, which was up from 49 percent in 2008 and 43 percent in 2007.
Thats almost 2/3 of us. Miss work? Skip a bill or don’t eat. Is this what you signed up for?
– 66% of the income growth between 2001 and 2007 went to the top 1% of all Americans.
You can never own too many Lamborghinis, I guess. Why pay your worker bees more when you can roll in all the honey yourself? They won’t say shit.
– 36 percent of Americans say that they don’t contribute anything to retirement savings.
No fucking shit Seamus. Because living paycheck to paycheck leaves us sooooo much to invest.
– A staggering 43 percent of Americans have less than $10,000 saved up for retirement.
See above comment. I have a sum retirement savings of ZERO. Yeah. ZERO.
– 24% of American workers say that they have postponed their planned retirement age in the past year.
Except for the few who were lucky enough to get out before it burst… the majority are going to be in the work-till-you-die demographic… and that’s ok, because your Business Owners have taken out “Dead Peasant Insurance” on you and can cash in when you do.
– Over 1.4 million Americans filed for personal bankruptcy in 2009, which represented a 32 percent increase over 2008.
Speaks for itself, doesn’t it?
– Only the top 5 percent of U.S. households have earned enough additional income to match the rise in housing costs since 1975.
So 95% of us cannot meet the cost of living increases. We owe our souls to the company store. Whodda thunk it? I mean, in 1975 we thought we had a future.
– For the first time in U.S. history, banks own a greater share of residential housing net worth in the United States than all individual Americans put together.
A man’s home is his Castle. Or THEIR castles, rather – they just let you keep it maintained for them until they rent it to the next tenant-serf.
– In 1950, the ratio of the average executive’s paycheck to the average worker’s paycheck was about 30 to 1. Since the year 2000, that ratio has exploded to between 300 to 500 to one.
Sometimes its worth the investment to pay the Brownshirts to keep the Peasants down…. besides, the idiot Peasants think they can get your job someday. AS IF.
– As of 2007, the bottom 80 percent of American households held about 7% of the liquid financial assets.
But, but, but Capitalism is good for us, right? Wake up fucktards. It ain’t the hand that feeds you, its the hand that reams you, and we need to bite it off to the fucking elbow.
– The bottom 50 percent of income earners in the United States now collectively own less than 1 percent of the nation’s wealth.
There ain’t no poor in Amurka, unless’n they be lazy gud-fer-nuthins, right? So fully half of us are just LOSERS who deserve to vie for ONE PERCENT of this country’s VAST WEALTH. Least we ain’t no Socialist Commies wanting wealth redistribution! I mean, then we would have 50% of the wealth to share. :::HEAD TILT::
– Average Wall Street bonuses for 2009 were up 17 percent when compared with 2008.
Why Not? It was a job well done, a heist that surpassed the biggest wet dream the Elites could imagine. The people had no more wealth worth stealing, so lets steal it from their Government, the only place left with a dime…. a dime lent them by us, no less, that we can call in! BRILLIANT!
– In the United States, the average federal worker now earns 60% MORE than the average worker in the private sector.
I hates me Big Government, but sure am glad I work for them, eh? Or I wish I did!
– The top 1% of U.S. households own nearly twice as much of America’s corporate wealth as they did just 15 years ago.
Double Down! Double Down! Woooot! Woooot! Why settle for one bazillion when two bazillion is so much shinier?
– In America today, the average time needed to find a job has risen to a record 35.2 weeks.
Well, fuck me running, thats almost 9 months!!!!! You could get knocked up and birth a peasant before you could get a job to feed it! American Capitalism is Grand!
– More than 40% of Americans who actually are employed are now working in service jobs, which are often very low paying.
Ask any $2.72 an hour waitress… and tips suck because our customers are broke too! But hey, I should be grateful I am employed. I mean, being bitter because I used to rake in 40k+ with great benefits before the jobs all went off shore is so very ingrate of me.
– For the first time in U.S. history, more than 40 million Americans are on food stamps, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture projects that number will go up to 43 million Americans in 2011.
Now wait. Food stamps? Thats COMMIE shit. Let them eat cake! Or dirt! Or petrol balls off the shores! Its only 43 million useless eaters. Get a job muthafuckahs! Real Capitalists don’t give no handouts.
– This is what American workers now must compete against: in China a garment worker makes approximately 86 cents an hour and in Cambodia a garment worker makes approximately 22 cents an hour
See above! Well, golly – I make 3 times a Chinese prison laborer, and almost 10 times a Cambodian one. I bet their house payments haven’t quadrupled though. Can you say GLOBAL MINIMUM WAGE? I bet you can.
– Despite the financial crisis, the number of millionaires in the United States rose a whopping 16 percent to 7.8 million in 2009.
There is the rub, eh? Now if only those lazy ass 43 million could pull as hard on their bootstraps as the 7.8 million, they would be fine. Bullshit.
– Approximately 21 percent of all children in the United States are living below the poverty line in 2010 – the highest rate in 20 years.
Wow, almost a QUARTER of our kids are poor and hungry in the richest Nation in the World. Lets outlaw abortion – they’ll be so busy trying to feed the nits, the lice won’t have the time or energy to protest! Makes ya proud, ennit?
The top 10% of Americans now earn around 50% of our national income.
And 90% of us vie for the rest – unequally of course. The middle class is going, going, gone, biotches. Stay asleep and let them tea-bag your snoring mouths.
Capitalism is a FAILED system, in which you are the Victim they are trying to kill off.
Have a nice day.