To: Alma


Writing you your very own personal diary is a little weird, but I’m not very good with “search”, and I wanted to give you the information I got from my Vet. Rep. Steve.

Sorry for the delay…I’ve checked with various sources and it appears at this point that veterans currently receiving disability compensation will receive a one-time $250 payment.  


A one-time Economic Recovery Payment of $250 will be made in 2009.

People do not have to file a tax return to receive the payment.

Who is elegible?

1. Retiree’s, disabled individuals or an SSI recipient (payment will come from SS Administration)

2. Disabled veterans will receive the payment via the VA.

3. Railroad retiree’s will receieve payment via the Railroad Retirement Board.

Hope it helps you and your friend.  


Skip to comment form

    • Alma on April 21, 2009 at 2:04 am

    I felt a little weird when I did an essay that was just questions.  So I know what you mean.

    I haven’t gotten to talk to Al anymore.  He just got dish tv and seems to be staying at home all the time now.

    Again, Thank You Much!

    • RiaD on April 21, 2009 at 3:26 am


Comments have been disabled.