Let’s see since I last updated I:
1. Fixed two broken lights in the barn, they were in the area originally intended for the horses but the previous owner found it easier to put them in another spot. Now they’ll have the option of two places if I need to do work in one of the areas.
2. Took the ATV out to the farthest point of the property and tested the hand held radios. The Cobras worked great but the Audiovox radios weren’t as strong. It’s good to have the radios in case something happens and I need help. The stories are many about men who were working on their tractors on the back 40 and had to lose a leg or an arm for lack of a communication device.
3. The birds are enjoying their sewet cake and feed, so far I’ve seen chickadees, winches, blue jays, wrens and there are some pigeons in the barn(note to self must fix cupola on barn), and an owl has decided to make the woods around here his/her home.
4. I saw 5 deer yesterday with their thick winter coats on the back of the property and have seen tracks all over.
5. Midnight, the barn cat came up to me yesterday for some lovin’. He’s a very strong jet black cat with greenish eyes.
6. Figured out what most of the power and light switches do, now I’ll label them in case someone has to house sit or take care of the animals.
7. Swept the basement and stored all the camping gear in one corner, good to have in emergencies.
8. Just got back from picking up some feed and alfalfa cubes for the horses. Got the local paper which should be a treat as the town I last lived in decided that it’s residents didn’t need to be informed.
Water the horses, groom them, clean out their stalls, spread some fresh bedding, install a light under the kitchen cabinet, organize my closet, toss all the broken tools and leftover junk from previous owners and I guess I should practice my knot tying skills as I think they will be coming in handy, many of the horses meadows are just roped off but they like to play with the ropes so I have to outsmart them. A challenge indeed!
Have fun today & get some sunshine on ya!