Welcome to a weekly roundup of news related to the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and otherwise ‘Other’ community.
Quickie roundup this week since I’m out of town for Turkey Day:
- German scientist invents spray-on condoms
- Bush administration seeks stricter travel bans on people who are HIV+
- Yesterday, November 20th, was National Transgender Day of Remembrance. One of the main reasons for the day is a candlelight vigil remembering victims of anti-trans violence
- A Pennsylvania state court has struck down the law expanding hate crimes coverage based on gender or sexuality. (h/t Pam’s House Blend)
Repent America founder and leader Michael Marcavage and others affiliated with the group argued that the amendment was passed unconstitutionally because it was inserted into legislation that was originally a bill concerning agricultural vandalism and crop destruction.
- The nation of Hungary is planning to pass legislation creating domestic partnership rights for unmarried couples, both same sex and otherwise. (h/t Box Turtle Bulletin). Just don’t tell NBC’s Brian Williams, who believes that marriage is under attack!
That’s all from me, folks: have a safe and happy holiday tomorrow, and I’ll see everyone when I get back!