Welcome to The Breakfast Club! We’re a disorganized group of rebel lefties who hang out and chat if and when we’re not too hungover
we’ve been bailed out we’re not too exhausted from last night’s (CENSORED) the caffeine kicks in. Join us every weekday morning at 9am (ET) and weekend morning at 10:30am (ET) to talk about current news and our boring lives and to make fun of LaEscapee! If we are ever running late, it’s PhilJD’s fault.
AP’s Today in History for January 20
Breakfast Tune When You Wish Upon A Star – Banjo Meets Cinema (January)
Something to think about, Breakfast News & Blogs below
- BuzzFeed’s big scoop and the media’s giant factual loophole
Matt Taibbi, Hate Inc
- MEET THE TEAM BEHIND CNN BRASIL: A BUSINESSMAN ACCUSED OF EXPLOITING SLAVE LABOR AND AN EXECUTIVE FROM A FOX NEWS-STYLE OUTLET
Piero Locatelli, Andrew Fishman, The Intercept
- Outcry after Kentucky students in Maga hats mock Native American veteran
Guardian staff and agencies
- MILLIONS OF WOMEN ALREADY LIVE IN A POST-ROE AMERICA: A JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANTI-ABORTION SOUTH
Jordan Smith, The Intercept
- Can worker participation on corporate boards fight income inequality?
Glenn Daigo, Salon
- The Green New Deal: How We Will Pay For It Isn’t ‘A Thing’ – And Inflation Isn’t Either
Robert Hockett, Forbes
- L.A. teacher strike may be cutting edge of a revolution against what’s rotten in America
Will Bunch, Philly News
- How Teacher Strikes Are Exposing the Corrupt Charter School Agenda
Jeff Bryant: Yves Smith, naked capitalism
- LA TEACHERS ARE MAD ABOUT CHARTER SCHOOL GROWTH. WHY WON’T DEMOCRATS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT?
Rachel M. Cohen, The Intercept
- Democrats May Be Surrendering the Rule of Law
Ralph Nader, Common Dreams
- Kamala Harris Was Not a ‘Progressive Prosecutor’
Lara Bazelon, New York Times
- Group aligned with Ocasio-Cortez prepares to take out Democrats
Laura Barron-Lopez and Heather Caygle, Politico
- 10 Things We All Lose If Bernie Chooses Not to Run in 2020
RoseAnn DeMoro, Common Dreams
Something to think about over coffee prozac
A Florida man is behind bars after he allegedly threatened to kill his neighbor with kindness.
It’s not what you’d think: “Kindness” is what the 30-year-old suspect, Bryan Stewart, calls his machete, according to police.
Stewart, of Milton, was arrested on Thursday for an incident that allegedly happened Wednesday evening.
It began when two of Stewart’s neighbors went to the suspect’s house, concerned about yelling and banging that had come from the home all day, according to the Pensacola News-Journal.
Stewart came out of the house with an arm raised holding the machete ― which had the word “kindness” written on it. One of the neighbors stepped in front of the other to block the blade and suffered a half-inch cut on his left hand.
Florida man – ’nuff said.