Wow, what a sendoff for Tennent! He saved the universe from The Master, and also booted the Time Lords from existence, since they would have done anything to continue to exist. This new series, like the new Star Trek, is a reboot.
I prefer the original timelines, but I also understand that to keep viewers, the story much change to be current. But it does not mean that the original timeline has to chance. Please keep with me to agree that I, Translator, should be the next Doctor in the series.
1) All of the former Doctors have been British. I think that an Arkansas hillbilly would make a more interesting one, and my grandparents were from Birkenhead, so it is not so far removed.
2) I really am a Doctor.
3) The traditional canon of the series is much better than the rebooted one. The idea of a renegade Time Lord, rather than the last of his race, is much better, since the Time Lords keep wanting to bring him back.
4) Few people have studied the series as much as I have, and know all of the nuances of The Doctor.
5) My 1967 Camaro makes a wonderful TARDIS, just in a different shape.
6) The Doctor requires a wry, witty, and quick sense of humour (using the British spelling). As many of you here can attest, I am a quick wit.
7) Remembering lines from a script stifles clever words. I am horrible when it comes to memorization, so I should be a shoe-in.
8) The Doctor was if nothing, very feeling and merciful. Those properties are shared with me, I believe.
9) The Doctor knew lots about everything. If you follow me here, you might agree that this property is shared by me.
10) The Doctor was absolutely taken with himself. Obviously I am as well.
11) He liked to hang out with good looking girls. Would that I could do so!
12) I have mastered acting stupid.
13) I have mastered saying silly things.
14) I love science fantasy, and Dr. Who is not anything like science fiction, but rather fantasy.
15) Big, psuedoscientific words come easily for me.
16) Honesty is a big part of The Doctor’s personality, and I have been extremely honest with this community.
17) I need the work.
18) I want the work.
19) The first three or four Doctors were old men, so I fit in there.
20) The Daleks can be defeated by pushing them down stairs.
This is just a fantasy essay, but I really do think that I could be a good Doctor. Here is a picture of me with my scarf. I hope that you like it.
By the way, this the first time that I have posted a picture of my face on the tubes. I hope that no one loses dinner over it.