Hillary Clinton denigrated Obama’s lifetime when she said:
I think that I have a lifetime of experience that I will bring to the White House. I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience to the White House. And Senator Obama has a speech he gave in 2002,” Clinton says.
Hillary Clinton and John McCain’s “life time of experience” includes:
1. voting for the Iraq war without reading the classified 90-page national intelligence estimate despite being implored to read the NIE by Sen. Graham who was the chairperson of the Senate Intelligence Committee at the time. Sen. Graham voted against the Iraq war resolution (IWR/AUMF).
2. voting against protecting civilians/refugees from cluster bombs (Obama voted to protect)
3. voting for the Kyl-Lieberman amendment on Iran which doesn’t explicitly rule out a war authorization
It’s precisely this kind of “life time of experience” we don’t want occupying the oval office ever again. The Iraq war made us less safe and less secure.
Second, the lifetime experience of Obama that Hillary Clinton dismisses and denigrates is 46 years long, with 20 of them in public service. He’s led a good life:
Obama’s Lifetime Experience: includes
1. an outstanding education (including serving as the first AA president of Harvard law review)
2. a good family
3. work as a community organizer and a civil rights attorney (which he took up rejecting lucrative jobs)
4. teaching constitutional law
5. 8 years as an IL state senator
6. 3 years as a US senator
7. strong, meaningful and productive legislative accomplishments which include work/bills/results on healthcare, poverty, crime, civil rights, ethics reform, the environment, procuring loose nukes, helping strife-ridden Congo populace, etc. And a progressive voting record.
8. strong opposition to the war. Not only with his speech in Oct’02 but also in striving all the way through March 2003 to prevent an invasion of Iraq. Link
It’s THIS kind of judgement AND experience we do want in the oval office.
With her fear-mongering as in her ‘3 AM’ ad (which has now taken an interesting turn: 3am girl prefers Obama answering the phone, by Momentum) and her earlier Giuliani/Bush/Rove style blatant fear-mongering exploiting the grave tragedy of 9/11 for political gain:
“I don’t think it was by accident that Al-Qaeda decided to test the new prime minister,” Clinton said here, referring to two devices which did not go off in London and a car which was crashed into Glasgow airport in June.
“They watch our elections as closely as we do … they play our allies.”
Clinton is making free commercials for John McCain and Karl Rove every day she continues her negative campaign that is damaging Democratic party’s prospects in November.
Please take the poll.